Ongoing collaboration projectss
- Machine Learning Applications in Systems Biology Research.
Joint collaboration of the CCTC and IBB with the Institute for Genomics & Bioinformatics of University of California, Irvine.
Program of grants "PORTUGAL - EUA: PARCERIAS E REDES PARA A INVESTIGAÇÃO 2006" supported
by the Luso-American Foundation (FLAD) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
PIs: Miguel Rocha (CCTC) and Pieera Baldi (UCI)
- Participation in the MIT Portugal program.
Bioengineering Doctoral Program
Research projects - see projects tab / Experimental Design
Development of a user-friendly software platform for the rational design of improved microbial strains.
Collaboration with Dupont, Ltd, Wilmington DE, USA
For details, see Projects.
- Collaboration with the University of Vigo - Coordinated Action in the analysis of data from DNA microarrays.
Approved in April 2007, funded by CRUP (Portugal) and spanish FCT.
PIs: Rui Mendes (CCTC) and Florentino Riverola (Univ. Vigo)
- Participation in the FLAD Computational Biology Collaboratorium,
Miguel Rocha, Isabel Rocha and Anália Lourenço
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência.
- Establishment of a Portuguese-Galician network of research in Bioinformatics.
more details ... .
Other research partners
- Jens Nielsen, Chalmers, Sweden
- Kiran Patil, Biocentrum, DTU, Denmark
- Luis Rocha, Univ. Indiana, USA / IGC, Portugal
- Rui Brito, CNC, Coimbra, Portugal
- Jim Kennedy, Bureau of Labor Statistics, USA
- Nazmul Karim, Texas Tech, USA
- Andreas Gombert, Delft University, Netherlands